Advice for Planning your Summer Vacation 2020
Dear international faculty and students,
Best wishes from the Office of International Affairs!
First of all, we would like to thank you for your understanding and cooperation during the pandemic prevention period. We are grateful that the school is still open and we still lead a normal life during this challenging 2020 spring semester. Taiwan Tech has pledged to continue providing university education at all levels, whilst also protecting the health and wellbeing of Taiwan Tech students and staff. We therefore ask our international faculty and students to reconsider personal travel plans and stay in Taiwan during the upcoming summer vacation, if possible.
As the travel ban, issued by the Taiwan Government, has not been lifted yet, all returnees from abroad (including foreigners who are holding an ARC) are required to undergo home quarantine for 14 days and health self-monitoring (self-health management) for another 7 days. Thus, Taiwan Tech faculty and students should carefully evaluate the necessity of traveling overseas. If overseas travel cannot be avoided, the following rules must be obeyed and all expenses must be paid by yourself:
Please fill out the online questionnaire (https://forms.gle/5siPmQ4oKvAZrfKC9) on your travel plans. It is compulsory to submit a detailed and accurate plan for your itinerary.
Please cooperate and contribute to Taiwan’s efforts to fight the pandemic!
- Epidemic-prevention taxis: Arriving passengers are banned from taking public transportation and must instead use special “epidemic-prevention taxis” to get from the airport to their quarantine facility. The taxi fare is calculated on the meter. It costs around NTD1,200 from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei city. You can pay by credit card or cash.
- Quarantine: Arriving passengers are required to stay at a government quarantine facility to undergo quarantine unless you are living in private accommodation with a separate room (including a separate bathroom). You will need to stay at a government quarantine hotel for 14 days, followed by 7 days of health self-monitoring at another private accommodation.
- 14 days in quarantine hotel: Book yourself and pay yourself. The room fare is minimum NTD2,000 per day including meals. You can find booking information for quarantine hotels on https://taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/.
- Accommodation during 7-day health self-monitoring period:
a) Students who are living in on-campus dormitories: People who are undergoing health self-monitoring must not enter Taiwan Tech campus. Therefore, you have to find some private accommodation in a hotel or elsewhere for the 7-day health self-monitoring period that follows the quarantine. Costs for accommodation have to be paid by yourself.
b) Students who are living off-campus: Please return to your own accommodation after the 14-day quarantine period, and stay at home for 7 days following the instructions for the health self-monitoring.
- Students who undergo quarantine or health self-monitoring MUST NOT enter Taiwan Tech campus. According to Taiwanese law, a fine of NTD100,000-150,000 will be imposed on students who violate quarantine regulations by going out or taking public transportation.
Please check the website of the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control for updates on travel restrictions and quarantine measures.