Important information on current travel restrictions
Dear international students and staff
Although the pandemic situation in Taiwan has been brought under control, travel restrictions still apply! Please read the following information carefully, if you are planning to travel overseas in the near future.
Universities are required to track the travel histories of their students and staff. Thus, if you would need to leave Taiwan, please fill in a Leave Application Form ( see attachment), so that OIA staff can help you with arrangements when you return to Taiwan.
Starting from 20 Nov 2021, the regulations for entering Taiwan are as follows:
- Your ARC has to be valid over the whole travel period. It would become very complicated to return to Taiwan if your ARC expired during your stay abroad.
- You have to submit a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result issued within three days prior to boarding the flight to Taiwan.
- After undergoing 14 days of quarantine, you are required to complete another 7-day period of self-health management in another accommodation in Taipei City which you will need to book and pay by yourself (booking a quarantine hotel will be difficult starting from December because of the high demand during Chinese News Year.) Please note that entry to the Taiwan Tech campus is prohibited during the self-health management period.
- You will have to take 4 tests (3 PCR tests and 1 quick screening test) during the 14 day-quarantine + 7 day- self-health management (SHM). The quick screening test with a home testing kit has to be taken on the 6th day of the SHM, and the third PCR test on the 7th day of the SHM. You can only return to the Taiwan Tech campus when the results of the above-mentioned tests are negative.
- There are no Taiwan Tech subsidies to apply for.
Please note that the regulations for entering Taiwan are subject to change. So, it will be in your own interest to submit the Leave Application Form to the OIA. The OIA staff can only help when we know about your travel plans and itinerary!
Take care and stay healthy!